HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Back from Lake Ochachobee
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 09:45 PM
PKnTX
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Back from Lake Ochachobee

ORIGINAL: 121553

I just got back from fla. andga.visiting folks and fishing. I got a 6.5 lb bass on a rubber worm and my brother got a ticket for going too fast in a no wake zone. We fished for 5 days and and had to deal with rains and winds from two hurricanes going west of fla. I lost some nice ones but the first day was so fraustrating as I lost 7 fish. Each time I lost a fish I would cheque the end of my line and each time it came back curlie qued, which meant it broke/slipped at the knot. This is not good cause I know how to tie a knot. After I lost a nice big bass at 11:45 pm that sucked down a zara spook only too lose it at the knot as it came back curely qued. Dang it. This is some kind of bad karma. Why even put another lure on I thought cause I would just lose it? This was driving me crazy and I had too find out why this was happening. I went back to the hotel and tied a lure on and got my magnifying lenses on, I examined the knot as I was applying pressure and it broke right at the eye loop of the lure. The knot didn't come undone but the line broke at the eye loop, with very little effortand using 17lb test trylene. I tried this again and it did the same thing, it broke at the eyelit. I then let my brother tie a lure on and he did the same thing, it broke at the knot. This was brand new line that I had bought a ma and pa place in ga. and the dang line was dry rotted from being on the shelftoo long. I went to walley world there in clewiston and got some fresh line and didn't loose a single fish after I changed out line.
Out of 5 days fishing my brother beat me out by 15 oz, but I did get the big fish of 6.5 lbs which ties the one I have on the wall.
I also hooked my lure on some weeds about 2 ft under water, as I tried to unhook it the winds became a problem in getting to the lure, I went to reach down and unhook itand now I am hooked to my lure and its hooked on the reeds. I reached way down with my other hand and broke the reeds below the lure and re injuried my ribs in doing so. The hook is buried way past the barb and I went into the tacke box and cut the hook from the lure so now I only have a hook buried in my finger. My brother continues fishing. I tried to bring the hook up through my skin using some needle nose pliers, dang skin is tough as hell as I had a heck of a time to break my skin from the inside, I then woddled out hole in my finger and backed the hook out after several moments and then went back fishin. Also while motoring across the lake my huntingnet cap blew off and is now lost somewhere on the lake bottom. If anyone finds it please return it back to me. Thanks.
Bobby

YOU LOST YOUR HAT!!!!

Oh yeah, very nice fish.

PKnTX