HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slick Tricks arrive (First impressions....)
Old 07-27-2005, 11:52 AM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Tricks arrive (First impressions....)

I found the same thing when I bought a pack of Slick Tricks. Very well made and they look tough as nails, but I've had lawn mower blades sharper than they were. I didn't even bother shooting them, I just took them back and got some NAP Crossfire broadheads to try. While that are not as heavy-duty as the Slick Tricks, they have a similar blade profile and surface area and the blades are actually razor sharp. I think I'm also going to try the 100gr Magnus Stinger 4-blade heads too. Whichever flies better between the two will get the nod this fall. I had a post about my findings a little while back regarding the Slick Tricks, and I'll say again what I said aout them then. They appear to be good heads, but for $22 for 3 broadheads I expect them to be sharp right out of the package. Anything less is unacceptable. However, if Slick Trick eventually figures out how to sharpen their blades to an acceptable standard, then I'll reconsider them.

Mike