HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Since when did shooting a deer in the neck become an acceptable shot?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:50 PM
atlasman

Default RE: Since when did shooting a deer in the neck become an acceptable shot?

ORIGINAL: RattleSnake1

I wasn't going to reply after altas's little holier than thou speech, but here goes.
There you go again saying you won't do something........then doing it Just messin' with ya man. Don't take things so seriously.......I wasn't flaming your post as much as I was saying it just reads very strangely. You start off preaching the cons of a neck shot..........but then say you took one simply because you couldn't hold your bow any longer (A reason I doubt many would classify as "good".......if there is such a thing.) Then you finish by saying you "probably" won't do it again. It's just a mass of contradiction that's all. Nothing to get bent out of shape about.

Have you ever lost a deer you hit with an arrow atlas?
No.

I know I haven't, but that doesn't matter because YOU don't agree with a shot I took.
You're right........it doesn't matter that your neck shot killed a deer quickly. That will NEVER make that a high percentage shot that should be taken. Femoral artery will drop 'em as fast as can be too............do you think that is a good shot to take?

Hey........you manned up and admitted you took a poor shot but fortunately it turned out well. That's great..........but it's still a poor shot.

It's a mind over matter thing....I don't mind that your opinion doesn't matter to me.
Very original

The "I probably wouldn't do it again" thing you wanted to quote so bad comes from the fact that I am very confident in my abilities with a bow
You think you are the only guy on this board that can hit the neck of his 3D target with an arrow?? I shoot mine in the eye when I get bored............doesn't mean I would ever think about doing it in the woods.

I hope I never have to make that decision again......................I still have my integrity because I'm not afraid of taking heat for a decision I made in the woods, and I'm not afraid to talk about it. If nothing else; my posts have always been honest regardless of the flames that will come after.
Your honesty has been comended already........and I second that. You were man enough to admit it...........now just be man enough to understand that posting that you took a neck shot on a deer with a bow (because your arm was tired) in a big hunting forum might not draw 100% pats on the back.