HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Jimmy S
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?

I would definitely want opening day for the buck. I would then get a second tag for a doe.
There is no second tag for does. Some folks here replied with similar answers...

"I still continue tagging does and studying other behavior and habits."
"Takes the pressure off and we then try to fill a doe tag at a relaxed pace"

I would have to agree with these replied if shooting additional deer OK, but the post asked .."If you could only shoot one deer per year, when would you want to fill your tag...."

This is a tough answer for me...One thought is to tag opening day, relax the rest of the season when the pressure is off and help others during the remainder of the season.I would also have the opportunity to do other hunting, bird especially,...

The other side says, the end of the season because of the number of additional days spent hunting for deer.....Soooooo, my decidion would be...opening day. I would have the chance to do the things described above, especially considering my batting average over the many years on hunting New England (NH and Maine) is just about 50%...