HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Find the deer
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 08:31 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default Find the deer

OK, the first two are easy, but this is the deal. I've been seeing three macho buck on my walks with my kids dog. They hide out in this grown over field right beside the school playground. Anyway, I've had them close a couple times and wish I'd had the camera. Like this AM. I saw this one horn bob up and down and saw it was a big one. I was about to leave and noticed this macho buck laying down between the other deer and I. He just had his nose stuck up enough to look over the grass. A non hunter would have never know he was there. He never flinched. Just stared to see if I was going to leave the lawn and enter his domain. The grass where he lay was maybe 2 and a half feet. I left him undisturbed. So tonight I said I'd take my camera. When we get to the school yard there are two little bucks feeding on the clover. The dog(on a leash) and I walk right at them. We get within 70 yards before they decide to leave. I turn to leave and caught movement in the long grass maybe 60 yards away. Then I saw it,one of the 20 inch racks staring at me. Sorry for the pictures, but trying to snap a picture and hold a leash isn't the easiest thing to do. He finally gets antsy and leaves. AS he does I see another that I hadn't seen turn to go and caught him. So in the picture with no OBVIOUS deer are two 10 pointbucks. Can you find them. In the last picture I'll circled one as he turned to go. They hunker down in this stuff and don't budge. People walk their dogs all over the place. This morning I met up with 12 other people and there dogs where the two are in the lawn. The dogs crapped and run all over this place and in the tall grass for an hour yesterday and today. So much for dogs running them out.

OK, first picture...deer in the dog yard. AT the very far right the second little buck is just going behind the rise at the edge of the grown up grass. The one still in the field is a 4 point I believe. I got a better picture of him on my camera.