HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To tune or not to tune? That is the question
Old 07-16-2005, 11:18 AM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: To tune or not to tune? That is the question

I agree... Ash2042, leave it be. Just go by the ol' phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". You found the Slick Tricks work well and shoot exactly like your field tips. That's exactly what you want. No tuning involved!

I shoot a heavy old PSE bow with aluminum 2315's and 125gr field tips. They are a bit slow but hit like a Mack truck! I tinkered with 125gr Thunderheads for about 2 years and got them shooting as well as I could (they hit just a hair low, but I just deal with it and compensate for it). I picked up a pack of Magnus Stingers 4 blade in 100gr and they are amazing! They completely blow away my Thunderheads. The Stingers hit exactly in the same spot as my 125gr field tips and fly perfectly straight too. I couldn't ask for more... [8D]

I have been toying with the idea of ordering some Slick Tricks, because everybody is raving about them and how well they fly. But then again, I love how the 100gr Stingers shoot. So, I don't know... There's still plenty of time to goof around with different broadheads and see which shoots the best.

Butch A.