HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bitten by deer tick
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 10:34 AM
fl.huntress
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bitten by deer tick

some of y'all know that my husband has had lymes for a few years now...when he was infected he had hundreds of deer ticks on him...he had gone thru a nest or something...anyway he came home and i sat on the bathroom floor for what seemed like hours pulling them off with tweezers...a few days later he got a poison ivy like rash (never a bullseye) and then he thought he was getting the flu...he got better within a few days...we never thought about getting tested because being in central florida and being told that lymes was not around here we never thought about it....well a couple years go by and he starts having problems...we thought it was due to a previous stroke but all the tests came back negative...he was then tested for everything and anything but all tests were negative....one day i was handed a pamplet about lymes and bingo he had every sympton of having the late stages of lymes...since then it's been hell....right up there with cancer and aides...he's doing better now but it's still active...at least he's trying to live again...he spent over a year slowly dying....lost TONS of weight..he got down to 120...you could see bones everywhere....it's changed our lives tremendously....so PLEEEEEASE take it from me: GET TESTED ASAPcause if it's caught early chances are HIGH that it can be treated but if it's left undiagnosed it will be pure hell....and that's putting it nicely.

i'll say a prayer for you that your test comes back negative and i'm extremely please to hear that you care enough about yourself and family to get tested.