HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - experts! please explain this?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 06:48 AM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: experts! please explain this?

No expert by a long shot, but I try to pay attention to my problems/solutions, and those of others.

If the arrows are fishtailing, it would indicate the centershot is off, or possibly bow torque. There have been several threads on here and on ArcheryTalk about the routing of the cables on the Equalizer cam bows. If you do a search, you should be able to see the correct way to route the cables, as it is supposed to reduce torque. Also many threads about these bows tuning best with centershot that is farther away from the sight window than you might expect. I guess it is possible that the GTs could be overspined, but IME, overspined arrows with a compound bow and release are not usually a big problem. You are more likely to have problems with borderline weak spine. I have had several bows that tend to shoot an arrow tail right. With carbon arrows (not sure why only carbon) the "obvious" moving the rest to the right often makes the problem worse, and it is solved by moving the rest "the wrong way" to the left. Why does this happen? I don't know really, but maybe a real expert could figure it out. Personally, I would just shoot the Allegiance with the 2315s and use the GTs for the Extreme, but if you want to use the GTs for the Ally, it will take some more work.