HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would this be wrong and or illegal?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would this be wrong and or illegal?

This will be hunting. We helped a guy chase down a piggie that had gotten loose for 3 months. My gawd was it wild. It hid and lived in the cattails in a good sized dried up slough. Tooks us a couple hours of running it to tire it out. There were 4 of us. We only saw it a few times in that 2 hours and it would be just a glimpse of it. You more orless keptrunning trails andchasing it by sound. The subject of just shooting it come up a lot as we were all beat and getting flustered. We finally got it tired and managed to chase it out of the slough.Two guys hopped on4 wheeler and I ran along side the pig so it was inbetween us. Idove on it and tackled it as it was heading for an even bigger cattail slough. Once it got in there, it would have been a lost cause.I had it's head pinned to the ground with my forearms across it's neck.Boy was Igetting a close of view of it choppers. It was pissed off to say the least.One of the guys on the 4-wheeler got a hold of it's back legs. Pig only weighed 225 lbs live but it put up a good fight and it knew what it's teeth were for!! Had it not been tired, I think there would have been a muchdifferent out come and the piggie would have gotten the best of us. Next time if they everwas a next time, it was decided that it would be shot!!

Tim