HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS
Old 07-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Moose75

Default RE: STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

Those are some good ones right there. Two come to mine for me, one fake and one very real. I got a cuz that loves to hunt hogs at night with his dogs. well down here it is legal to shine deer. So me and my friend loaded up our girlfriends to go shinen after planing with my cuz to scare them. They had been hunting and shinen with us many times before so this was nothing new. Everytime we go shinen we mess with them about big foot (sasquach -sp?) and tell them that we have seen them before and they act like they don't believe us and all but this time we got them good. My cuz put a head lamp that has two red lights on it out in a clear cut and it looked dang good. they didn't like that and then he jumped in the bed of my truck out of tree and started banging on the roof, LOL they Freaked out. Then he ran like right by the truck and back in the woods to go to the next road to do it again lol he had a ghillie suit on so it looked real lol we got them twice! then I was like "we got to kill it so it doesn 't get us so I got out and they went crazy again then me and my cuz walked back up together. The girls were so mad though it was really funny.

The real one happened to me and my buddy on the river. It was night and we were catching the fire out of the channel cats. I think it was about 3 A.M when we started to leave.Well its about300 yards back to the truck and we had one little flashlight. We had a big fire on the bank of the river but weput it out. so we are already scared cause we were fishin on public ground whereabout 12 old slave houses were. We started walkin faster thenhe (my buddy) was like "hold up, you hear that?" and I started to hear steps and they were loud, breaking branches. Then we hear that noise like the bears make in the movies you know the gggrrrrraaaasound! we droped our poles,bait,tackle,and fish andstarted running like we were little girls! I don't know what that was cause we don't have many bears in our area of Fl. I haveheard of2 in 20 years. Talk about strangest things thats one of em for me.We went back to get our stuff that after noon with our guns on us and got our tackle but the fish were gone or had wiggled of the road.