HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS
Old 07-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Tribal
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

I wasscouting following a game trail. There is about 6 inches of snow on the ground and I am about 1 mile back from any road.I am in northern Minnesota during a late season bowhunt. Real quiet morning as I was walking slow, I startingnoticing many spots ofyellow stained snow. I then noticed footprints woven through the brush,and was thinking to myself what is going on and what is the scenerio of someone relieving themself this much. As I crept forward scanning the ground after a 100 yards or so, just ahead of me whenI cleared the last brush I saw a large American flag laying flat over the cold white snow. Then I glanced up and noticed a small shack like hut built out of timber up in the trees.

As the hair on the back of my neck stood up, the first thing that came to my mind was a vet was living out where he felt the most comfortable. Being armed with only my bow, It took about 1.2 seconds to realize this was not the game trail I wanted to set stalk on. I exitedout of there much faster than I entered. It was a surreal thing to see. Especially when you think you are all alone in the wilderness. This was Minnesotas largest nation forest. What a day that was.