HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS
Old 07-07-2005, 08:25 PM
XTP

Default RE: STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

...animal wise...I've had a snake curl up with me for warmth....played hide-and-seek with a pine martin......and had a hawk try to land on me!

.....paranormal/unexplained....not much really other than getting the feeling a deer is close by BEFORE I see or hear one only to spot it minutes later(usually after it sees me.....)...got to learn to trust that feeling!! LOL
....come to think of it......a few years ago I got up to go out for the second day of muzzleloader season for deer,and was getting ready when I had a similar "feeling"......nothing to dramatic...just a "maybeI should just sit this one out" sort of feeling. I waited until the last minute to finally decide I was going hunting. Was going to stop for coffee but decided I didn't have time and would stop later(this is relavant to the story). Five minutes later while crossing a bridge I hit a patch of black ice and slid sideways.The driver of the 4X4 behind me was helpless as he slammed into the rear of my Cherokee,spinning me around just in time to see the Econoline van slide into the front end !! We managed to drag ouselves of the road as a 13 car pile-up happened right there in front of us.
Now if I had only listened to that little voice and either stayed home or stopped for coffee....I either wouldn't have been there or would have arrived after thepile-up and would not have been involved.Coincidenceor..........????