HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do hunters... "Like to Kill"?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 08:51 AM
G2 Shooter

Default RE: Why do hunters... "Like to Kill"?

ORIGINAL: tocs

I like to hunt I don't like to kill,although I don't hesitate to kill,when I have the opportunity at an animal I wish to take.The killing is just the culmination of the hunt,the taking of an animal in to your posession for proper care and consumption.I am always reflective after the taking of an animals life,and I always give thanks.To me it is very important to give reverance to the animal!

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

Many good posts above.

My wife thinks I'm wierd. Although she couldnt kill an animal, she does just fine eating all my quarry I hunt. She thinks it's odd that I kill a deer but then turnaround and help a critter out, like getting a deer out of a fence, or helping a baby bird back into it's nest, or taking some baby raccoons to an animal orphanage, feeding a stray before the pound picks it up, stuff like that.
Both good replies and I do the same thing. Right before the shot, I am very excited that all my hard work has brought me to that moment. After the shot, I pray that I placed it well and the creature expires quickly. I almost always have pangs of guilt for taking it's life and always give thanks for it's gift of meat. Then the excitement returns when I think of the hunt as a whole. It's a totally ironic experience.