HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .240 weatherby Mag and Barnes Triple Shock
Old 07-04-2005, 09:20 PM
RedAllison

Default RE: .240 weatherby Mag and Barnes Triple Shock

"...Seriously, though - I was under the impression that the X, XLC and TSX are all the same bullet in terms of how they perform on game..."

YES Roskoe, they will perform identically with regards to terminal performance. The TSX did away with a few of the quirks and "less desirable" traits that previous generations of X bullets had with them. Namely those were excessive copper fouling (by reducing the bearing surface with the "grooves" or gaschecks added too the TSX) and maybe .5-1" larger groups @ 100yds compared to more commonly held "accurate bullets" like Nosler Ballistic Tips and Sierra GameKings BTs..

Like I said, IMHO they (the TSXs) simply are THE best hunting bullet in the world. They are impervious to blowup (shots under 40yds@ 3800fpswith my Warbird proves that), they shoot .5" @ 100yds and will go the distance with anything you want to compare them too on the big end. What more do you need in a hunting bullet?

Good luck,
RA