HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - opinions on pendulum sights>?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 04:39 AM
WBowhunt

Default RE: opinions on pendulum sights>?

I spent a couple years using a pendulum , actually tried a couple different types. hoping it would give me the edge to not have to worry about yardage. But I found that all summer I practice from ground with pins. Then about a month before season. I start to do some shooting out of the tree. So one year I decided to leave on my pins instead of switching to the pedulum. I placed about 8 ballons tied with string to branches ( Just to keep them from blowing away) at all different yardages. Figuring the ballons were blown up to about the size of a deers vitals. I then climbed the tree and started putting my 20 Yd pin cenetered on every ballon and fired away... I found that between 10 and almost 30 yards I still hit the ballon. ( Notnecassarily center ) but still hit it. Which to me what enought to knowthatchanging out pins to pendulum, was not worth the effort. And I now do not have to worry about another moving part that can fail ( Which in all honesty is what started my little experiment... The year before I was hunting on a cold damp morning and noticed that the pendulum was not really moving. It seemed to have moisture in it and the cold was freezing it in place. I have to keep ensuring it was loose. Just one less thing to worry about.