HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - opinions on pendulum sights>?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 04:51 AM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: opinions on pendulum sights>?

I've been shooting pendalums for the past ~ 7 years and just this year have made the switch to a single pin slider. (Vital bow gear, proslide)
Not being able to just point and shoot is going to be a hard transition and who knows what sight will be on my bow after this season. If things don't go my way with the sliderI will switch back to a pendulum in a heartbeat.
The latest version I moved to my back-up bow is a Savage Pendulum with a secondary pin and tritium primary pin. I don't really care for the way the secondary pin hides in front of the post for the primary, but aside from that the normally only come w/ 1 pin anyways ( the secondaries are special order).
If you go with a savage (great sight) make sure to get one that has the steel sight guard. the pivot points are in the guard and my steel model is quieter than the plastic housing model Iused to have.

With todays speeds the pendulum has lost favor with a lot of hunters who have just switched to a single pin setup. Time will tell for this guy.

Good luck with your decision.