HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MY LINE BROKE!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Deerslayer_37

Default RE: MY LINE BROKE!!!

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff

i wanted to cry this was probably a 8-12 pound bass on 8 pound test well i yelled some unholy words outloud punched the golf cart. and i was usin a guy that works there at the golf courses reel and rod. well the 500 dollar stcroix rod and 200 dollar quantum real and 50 dollar line didnt hold up. even tho i know its my fault i still need something to blame right? well i will be goin back and catchin one of the 12-16 pounders in there.
Okay, i hate to pop your happy little dream world, but are you KIDDING? 12-16 pounders? have you caught one and weighed it to see if they were that big? judging by the way you wrote your story, i'd say you've never seen a bass over 5 lbs in your life. 50 dollar line? find me some line that costs 50 dollars and i'll pay you that much(no, i dont mean a 500 yard spool of power pro or something like thta). Too bad, St.Croix doesnt make a $500 rod. Their most expensive freshwater casting or spinning rod for the type of fishing most people do runs around $250, for a Legend Bass or Walleye Tournament rod.

slayer