HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabelas Tree Climbing Spikes?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Jack Ryan
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas Tree Climbing Spikes?

The professional ones on ebay are usually going for around $140+ depending on what shape they are in and im not willing to make my own belt when its whats keeping me alive 50' up a tree so I would also need a belt and those were also going for around $100+ And that right there adds up to 2X what the cabelas ones cost and like I said these may get used a couple of times a year for cutting down a tree I have climbing deer stands so I dont need them for hunting. And I cant justify spending $200+ on something I might use 2 times a year its just not in my budget.
I wouldn't spend a penny to do that then.

I've got the gaffs, the lineman belts, harness, and about anything you can think off.

I do ALL my tree trimming off my Summit viper. It's the only way to go if you are cutting limbs off the trunk and it will fit on the tree. I wouldn't even consider anything else. I've done it several dozen times and it's just like working right off the ground.

You better get somebody who knows what they are doing with that climbing equipment or you better learn it right or you are going to get killed. No if's ands or buts.

Hint, if you don't know your ropes enough you would trust a "belt" you made yourself, you don't know the equipment or the work enough to do it safely. Do yourself a favour and take my advise or get good insurance.

You can learn it if you want to but you can't just go out and buy the thing you need most, the know how to use it.