HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - String broke while in my bowcase????
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Browning_1
Fork Horn

Default String broke while in my bowcase????

I had not shot my HCA Four Runner or even looked at it since last fall. After hunting season I put it away in my hard case and forgot about it until now.Normally I shoot year round but do to my schedule I couldn't this year. Plus,I was in the market for a new bow anyway and was waiting on that.

Well, last week my Wife suprised me with a brand new switchback for my B-Day (actually a gift certificate for a switchback). Anyway, before going to work I putmy bowcase with old bowin the truck in order to go to the pro shop after workto get measured for the new bow and swap the sights,rest ect....

I get to the shop and talk to a sales person about what I need and explain I will be swapping the accessories on my old bow. I open up the case for the first time since fall and the bow is straightened out and the string is broke. The cable was the only thing holding it together. I just don't get what could of caused this!?!?!? I had the cable and string replaced last summer so the string only had 6 months of very minimaluse. I waxed it religously and checked for nicks or problems in the string often. It looked like the string just ripped apart about an inch from the round top wheel. Defective string???? The bow was notorious for eating up cables around the cam but this was nowhere near the cams. Any ideas??? The serving was still in good shape as well.

I am sending the bow in to have everything checked over by HCA. Then its going on ebay.