HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let's see a pic of you at full draw!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 10:40 AM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default Let's see a pic of you at full draw!

Here is me just about 15 minutes ago outside in the corner of my yard near my dad's old classic '59 Sears/David Bradley garden tractor (yes it still runs and is fully restored by me - and is now my pride and joy). [8D]

I am aiming at the big pine tree centered in the middle of the backyard, exactly 20 yards away. My wife is carefully standing on the back porch stoop, obviously safely out of the way, but able to take a picture of me.

1996 PSE Precision Edge 1000C bow (I have named her "Patsy" after Patsy Cline. It's a classic old round wheel dual cam bow - maybe 230fps... I love this old bow. 65# draw weight, 65% letoff, and 30" draw length.)
Easton XX75 #2315 Camo Hunter arrow with 125gr field tip, resting on a lefty TM Hunter arrow rest.
Not seen: Tru-fire magnum wrist strap release.

Also, my left hand index finger's knuckle is right underneath my left ear lobe. Shurz-a-peep peep site is right there squarely in position right up close near the left lens of my glasses. My right eye is closed as you can see. I just can't seem to shoot with both eyes open. My right hand (bow hand) is relaxed on the grip/riser and only my right thumb and index finger are applying pressure to hold the bow steady.

What do you think of this shooting form?

Butch A.