HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Awsome night, some nice bucks!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:27 AM
WNY Bowhunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Awsome night, some nice bucks!

Wait a minute...I thought that there weren't any deer left in PA!? . I've been seeing a few bucks around my house here in NY too. There's been a bachelor group of 5 bucks thats been feeding in an alfalfa field just down the road every night. Looks like 3 yearlings, a 2 yr. old and a 3 yr. old. The 3 yr. old looks like he's gonna be a pretty good one and is currently a 6-pt. with around an 18" spread. Man, I can't believe how quickly his antlers are growing...last Tuesday all he had were browtines and beams that came out past the tips of his ears and he was just beginning to knob out into G2's on the ends. I saw him last night and he's already got about 3" G-2's and another 3-4" of mainbeam after that. He should be at least a good 8-pt when's he's done growing. Other than that, I've seen a few 2 yr. olds around here and there but the older age class bucks haven't started surfacing yet. Based on last season's pathetic deer harvest in these parts...I just know that there will be some real beauties running around this year. I can't wait for the end of July to get here so I can start spotlighting and videoing some big ole velvet bucks. Good luck with your Biologic plot...hopefully it will pack some extra inches onto your bucks.