HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How honest are we?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 11:57 AM
IndyHunter

Default RE: How honest are we?

Bowfanatic, maybe are are talking about 2 different sites? I've posted on that subject a few times on the forum i'm talking about. I know of a few guys from here that post there as well, so maybe the same guys have posted that question in another forum. The forum i'm talking about is TSO (Southern Outdoorsman).
Jetblast I understand what you are saying. I don't expect everyone to be honest, especially when posting on the internet. And I wouldn't call someone out personally because I thought they were lying (unless it was an attack on me personally). Sometimes it is tough to figure out what a person is saying simply by reading it. Also tough at times to understand if a person is serious or joking. I was more appalled at the justification guys gave for poaching. I understand your point about not knowing until the situation happened, although I personally don't buy that excuse. It isn't a "fight or flight" situation. If a person doesn't have enough control over theirself to stop and recognize that they have already killed a deer, and taking another is illegal, then they probably shouldn't be in the woods at all. I'm just saying it is not an unconscious reaction to shoulder the gun and shoot. At least I hope not.

--Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs--