HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How honest are we?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 07:48 AM
MJL927

Default RE: How honest are we?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>you kill a buck 2 miles away from your vehicle, and on your way to get your vehicle to load the deer up you spot the &quot;buck of a lifetime&quot; for an easy shot, would you shoot.(remember, you've already shot one 2 miles away, and your only allowed one per day)<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I honest to God would not shoot it. I am far too fearful that I would get caught. Knowing me, I WOULD get caught. Driving home, it would be just my luck that I would wind up running through a sobriety check point or something similar.

I would definitely try to hunt that deer the next day though and would most likely pass other good deer in the hopes of seeing him again.

I hate to say it but dishonest hunters are all around. I know of people who still throw out apples, corn, etc even though baiting is illegal here in NY. I know of some that &quot;forget&quot; to tag their deer, or send in the tag, etc. Heck I know some that don't even bother with tags at all! It's a real shame that a few bad seeds have to make the rest of us look bad.

-Mike