HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How honest are we?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 05:54 AM
jetblast

Default RE: How honest are we?

Expecting an honest answer for that question will be hard to get from most. It's like whether you would pull the trigger on a man, you may never know until it happens. It's hard telling the truth or anything on here or any message board. If you don't type your story down to every little grunt and circumstance, folks jump on ya without knowing the whole story 1st. Instead of asking to clarify what the reader reads, they just open fire and jump in your "shtuff". Then when you clarify, they ain't got the decency to apologize. Here's an example of not knowing what was said, but was typed:

"I didn't say you stole it" has several meanings and each reader can see it differently without typing additional stuff and making a book like I am now. Capitalized words are accented.
"(I) didn't say you stole it." (somebody else did)
"I didn't SAY you stole it." (I could have implied though with different vocalization)
"I didn't say YOU stole it." (but somebody did)
"I didn't say you STOLE it" (but it's in your possession)
"I didn't say you stole IT" (but you did steal something)
Sorry for venting but we need to realize that we can't take everything as gospel based on what we read here. If someone states something you don't agree with, ask for clarification before you preach your soapbox. Thank you and I hope I didn't change the subject Indy. But I feel it relates to replying "an honest answer".

Indy, this had nothing to do with what you posted, just why folks may not be so honest. I agree with you about poaching.

Edited by - jetblast on 09/18/2002 07:00:31

Edited by - jetblast on 09/18/2002 11:05:22