HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Prices just jumped!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 07:15 PM
rost495

Default RE: Prices just jumped!!!

Some folks will do anything for a buck. I have an FFL, mostly for buying parts and loading stuff for a rifle team. I do use it for friends and charge only a bit to cover costs.

Yet folks do not know that the license costs a bit to renew every 3 years, depending on how old your license is, and there is a ton of legal responsibility as to record keeping. It takes a bit to order a gun time wise. I know that sometimes you have to call repeatedly to find something in stock. That burns up time. And then there is meeting with the customer, filling out the paper work and doing the call in. And if its delayed there is still more time.

I'm not saying 45 is right or wrong, same with 20 bucks or 10. I'm just pointing out there is a LOT more to this than most realize. And who pays you for the hours you sit there having your records reviewed, filling out renewal papers, keeping up on the laws, etc....

I've certainly bought guns from other places when I could have ordered myself, yet due to the involved hassles it was easier and cheaper time wise to pay someone else a bit of profit.

Jeff