HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bob Marshall Wilderness for elk
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:36 AM
ELKINMTCWB
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bob Marshall Wilderness for elk

I have allso hunted the BOB. IT sucks the GUides Have done all in there power to make it hard for people to hunt it. They let there horses run loose early and eat all the grass. They allso feed the elk with there hay to get them in spots.The griz population is nuts.If you do run in to any guides they will not be nice.They hate to see people hunting ANY where around there spots.

If you are going in alone [no guide]. You will need feed for your horses. That is alot of pellets. If you pick your spot using a map.Odds are when you get there there will be 3 tents where you thought would be good.I hunt very light. Use 3 horses 2 guys, but I walk out. Use the horses to pack the elk.

I like to hunt way in.Lots of work but not many people.The bob is difrant many many people.I allway see new and great things in the bob.BUT I would look at difrant spots than there. The bob has been the worst 3 hunts I have went on here in Montana.

It you are going in guided.Good luck take a camra for the pics of the big old griz.

If you are around HELENA MT. or are out of state give me a PM. I would be glade to tell you some better places.