HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - adjusting draw weight on hoyt bow
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 10:26 PM
QTompkins2005

Default adjusting draw weight on hoyt bow

Today I decided to turn my draw weight up a little bit so i got out my owners manual and read it to make sure i was doing it right ect and i just want to make sure i didn't do anything wrong thats going to break it. the instructions said to loosen the 2 bolts on the side (for each limb), well, one side on both limbs loosened, then when i tried to losen the other side the already loosend side just turned, then when i tried using 2 wrenches or whatever it wouldn't turn. so i figured i'd try to tighten down the main weight bolts, and i tighted them all the way as tight as they could go, was probably 3 turns for each one. then i drew the bow once, and it felt easier to draw than before i increased the weight, and 3 turns would increase it alot (wouldn't it?). well, i just want to make sure that my not getting both those nuts on the sides loosend isn't causing any pressures on the limbs or anything that will break them. I'm going to wait to draw it again and shoot it until i hear what you guys have to say.