HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Vet. called me a wuss!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 11:20 PM
dog1
Typical Buck

Default My Vet. called me a wuss!

My Vet. called me a wuss, so I'm gonna tell the story and y'all decide.

I know this forum is about hunting dogs, and this puppy can hunt, a bowl of dog food.

Two weeks ago I was going to see my mother in the nursing home. I stoped about 10 miles from the house to put some trash in a dumpster. This puppy comes out from under some old tires piled up and barks at me, but won't let me near him. He looks to be only 2 or 3 months old and just skin and bones, some fool has thrown him out there, I'd like to meet that idiot. This was about 10 a.m, I got home about 3 p.m.

I got to thinking about him, so I filled a bowl with dog food, got another one and a bottle of water. My thinking was, at least he can die with a full stomach. When I got back to him I set the bowls down with food and water. He would run out from under the tires like a little rat, grab a mouth full of feed, run back under the tires, I could see he was swallowing the food whole, starving to death. I tried to approach him, and he would bark at me, grab more feed and run. I decided I couldn't get near him and couldn't believe he would bark at me as young as he was, anyway, I swear, I walked around my truck to leave, he came around behind me and barked again, I squatted down and he came to me. I couldn't leave him, just wanting to be loved I guess, so I put him in the back of my truck and brought him home. After my other dogs scared him to death he settled down, and the rest is history.

I took him back for his 2 week check up and he had already gained 5 pounds, not fat, height. His hair is starting grow out some and the Vet thinks he may have some german shepperd in him because of his markings, I don't care what he is, he has a home now. He now follows me every where, sleeps in my lap, and loves to go with me in my boat when I'm fishing.

I started to name him Dumpster, but thought I would sound stupid yelling for Dumpster in public, so I named him Tramp.

So after 20 years, my Vet. don't know squat about me!

dog1