HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - patches.....
Thread: patches.....
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 08:38 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default patches.....

i seen the pic of the patch knife below.....and saw them before.......i shot patch in ball alot.....but always precut prelubed patches.......what material do you use for the patches using a patch knife? i seen pics of a strip of material being used...starting the ball and cutting the piece?? looks interesting....what about lube? just spit is what im guessing? i know that this is probably how they did it back in the day.....but is accuracy generally better with precut and prelubed patches? or would learning to cut my own be a good thing to do?? thanx guys.....just wondering if there was any point for me to get interested in this.....love the fancy knives....love the mountain man look.....i carry a possibles bag with all kindsa gear even though i really dont need to.....i can take care of most any problem in the field......and have enough balls and powder on hand to fire 20-30shots easy....but anyone want to fill me in on the whole....cutting your own patches thing?? looks interesting........thanx