HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Beretta Pintail
Thread: Beretta Pintail
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 04:17 PM
LuvBlackLabs

Default RE: Beretta Pintail

I just bought a Pintail (ES-100 now) a month ago and couldn't be happier. I had been looking for one (at a reasonable price) for over two years- found a black synthetic model with 28" barrel for $500 and couldn't pass it up. I'm really pleased with the gun so far, although I haven't had but 150 shells through it. It cycles everything from the cheap 1-1/8 oz promo trap loads to 3" steel without a hitch. The factory modified choke patterns excellent with everything I've fed it so far. The gun is very light and points like an extension of your hand. The inertia recoil action isn't identical to the Benelli's (no rotating bolt) but is essentially the same. Gun field strips to seven parts in less than a minute, allowing you access to everything important without taking out the trigger group.

My only minor gripe is the loading/unloading of the gun. When unloading, the next shell from the magazine is not automatically released. You have to close the action, push the action button forward to release a shell from the magazine and then clear it from the chamber. This doesn't sound too difficult but its really hard on your thumb nail to get that button pushed forward. Your other option is to manually depress the shell stop and remove the shells in the same fashion as you loaded them. That is my one and only complaint though, and I can definitely live with it. This gun was well worth the wait. I would highly recommend it to anyone.