HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 09:45 PM
trapper T

Default RE: WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

ORIGINAL: Johnsonmi

I'm all for toll booths. If it was good enough for the second Tacoma Narrows bridge, it should be good enough for the other projects that our Democratic Bozo's want to proceed with!

Tell you what, it really burns me what our state's legislator (or should I say King County's legislator that resides in Olympia) plans on doing with the tax raise. They want to repair the 520 bridge, replace the Alaska Way Viaduct, and improve I-405. All of these are in Seattle/King County. True, they threw a bone to Pierce county by funding a couple of meaningless projects, but if I lived in Eastern Washington, I'd be furious! They too have to pay the gas tax and what do they get out of it? They aren't going to use any of these projects. I'll hardly drive on the 520, 405 or Alaska Way. For as little as I do, I'd rather pay a toll than continuously fund the projects every time I fill up my tank!

Like I said, they forced toll booths on the new Narrows bridge. They should do the same for King County!
What really cracks me up about this, is ya they say it'll fix all this yet it will only bring 8 billion. Well they told us last year the Alaska viaduct would cost about 11 billion to fix....either my Yelm math ain't good or they're lying through their pie hole again?