HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Branson Tails and Scales Bowbash
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:46 AM
HNI_Christine
Super Moderator

Default RE: Branson Tails and Scales Bowbash

DAY 2

Another morning and this time the truck starts just fine. Maybe it just wanted to be washed?

Have hammer..... will travel.

Boat's hooked up and we hit the road.

I wish I had exciting Illinois countryside photos.... but we are talking Illinois.
There were some cool windmills....

Cheap gas. (compared to Chicagoland gas prices)

We also saw close to a hundred squads drive by. They were from all over so there must have been some sort of special police event in the Springfield area. Even tho' they were just traveling along it did make my driving a bit more paranoid. (not that I would ever disobey any speed limit or other law... (hehehheheheheh))
As the squads from different cities passed us, Jim and I played 'name-the-infraction-that-you-were-pulled-over-for-by-that-jurisdiction'. As in: "There's a West Dundee cop, got pulled over at 3am for no license plates lights by them" "Schaumburg, yep, was pulled over for by them for expired tags and once because the cop wanted to buy my truck."
Hey, I'm telling you.... It's a long, boring drive from one end of IL to the other.

... we're almost there...
Woo hoo... we arrived in the Show Me State
(Sorry about the dead bug smears.)

Now we just had to travel to the far corner of Missouri.... sigh... [&o]

No sooner than we got into St. Louis we hit traffic. It's almost like home.

Once we were rolling, I kept entertained by reading billboards and counting roadkilled armadillos. (Meramec Caverns had the corner on the billboard market.)
This billboard reminded me of HNIJustin for some reason...

Circe the wonder dog liked the rest areas... look she's singing.

Finally, ten hours later, we reached Branson.
The other salty dogs were pacing about, waiting to hit the water. We drove the one block from the resort to the boat launch.
The boat still floats..

The generator and lights still work..

So off we went, chasing carp until 1am.