HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need a trunk monkey for turkey hunting
Old 05-08-2005, 09:39 AM
P3FE
Fork Horn

Default I need a trunk monkey for turkey hunting

Friday morning my son and I are set up to watch a small clearing using a decoy. He shot a bird there last year. As morning breaks a very short distance behind me I hear a hen. It is obviously another hunter. I know beyond a doubt I was there first. So I cut loose with a string of calls that sure to let him know there is already another hunter here. This guys stays put and calls like he's putting on an opera,totally screwing up my position. He refuses to move and he calls like @%*&! After I get up to leave I discover that he is about 80 yds behind me facing me. Because of the blowdowns and brush there was little chance of being hit if he shot, but thats not the point ,the guy was being a real jerk. When I left, I walked thru his set up speaking loudly and returning the favor. My son told me later that I should have a trunk monkey to deal with guys like him. I live for the very short term in SE Pa.I have never ran into a bigger bunch of inconsiderate hunters than in this area.I have also met some great hunters here. I can truly understand why everyone in this are post their land. I've hunted from Florida to Maine and this area takes the cake.