HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - private land hunts vs. public land hunts
Old 05-06-2005, 12:25 PM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: private land hunts vs. public land hunts

Well,

I have a different perspective. I think that hunting in the most remote area where the animals have rarely seen human is what hunting is supposed to be.. When I go hunting I don't want to see anyone else in my area. If manBOY or any one else thinks that they have to hunt high pressure animals to be a real hunter I feel sorry for them. Pressured animals are harder to hunt that's a fact. To say that it requires better skills is an opinion. To be certain they require a different skill set, I just might not agree that it is a more refined skill.

I know of hunters who hunt high pressure areas for the same reason they are high pressure: Because they are easy to get to. They can ride their ATV's right to where they want to hunt. I have my opinions on the use of ATV's but I will not share them. These hunters are successful, but that in no way makes them more skilled. I say the opposite is true, They are lazy and are not willing to work to hunt the truely prime areas.

Hunting the wilderness areas is a daunting task. You need skills that go beyond mear stalking skills. You have to be woods wise, you have to be skilled with livestock, you have to be mentally prepared for the work load. You have to know how to tend to the carcass. You can't drive it to the locker plant. etc. etc. You guys can have the high pressure areas, I'm going to work hard to get to the places that very few are willing to get too. And I am unashamed to pay for the services of an outfitter. I pay for the services of their pack string, of their cook, and for the oppurtunity to hunt in pristine areas. If anyone thinks less of me because of it, I could care less.

Some of the best woodsman I know work the hardest to hunt unpressured animals. Whether it be on private land or in the far reaches of public land is of no consequence.

OBTW if manboy doesn't want people arguing with his ideas he should stop posting them every chance that he gets. Truth be told I believe a bit of envy is involved here.