HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - elevated box blind
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 08:22 PM
max the dog

Default RE: elevated box blind

None that I can post. I tried to post some of the turkey I got this year and the limit is only 100kb per picture. My digital seems to only take pictures that are at least 300kb each. I dropped the resolution down and it still takes huge pictures. I haven't figured out a way to reduce the picture yet but when I do I'll post it.

The blind is pretty simple though. It's on high ground overlooking the foodplot downwind of the usual weather pattern. That helped as I only made it 8 feet high. I hamered a piece of plywood to the pallet so my feet wouldn't fall through and hamered with some spikes the 4x4's to one side of the pallet. I flipped it over and did the same to the other side. Rather than using crossmembers I just used 3 sheets of plywood to give it some stability and walls; one was attached to the front and one to either sidehalf way up the platform so 4 feet was on top and another 4 feet was under. The back was left open. I tipped it to on all four legs (it was heavy) and leveled it out by digging out the ground under the legs until it was comfortably flat. I put a patio block under each leg to keep it from sinking in. Next week I'm going to try and tie it down as it catches the wind like a parachute, cut out some windows, and figure out a roof of some sort. I made it with scrapwood and it shows but since it's up now the deer will ignore it by the time bowseason starts.