HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please help me choose my arrow???
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 05:34 AM
gibblet

Default RE: Please help me choose my arrow???

i've been shooting hte 75/95's because the spine was stiffer. i used to paper tune a lot and i could never, ever get the 55/75's to paper tune out of a 70 pound patriot single cam. i spent hours and hours and hours. you'd have thought i was going to be hunting paper as much as i shot it. there was paper all over the yard from where i'd ball it up and throw it down angrily and the dogs would tear it up.

edit: oh yeah, i spent the money on the real straight 55/75's also thinking that was it, nope. the .006 straightness 75/95 shot better for me than the nicer model 55/75's. i learned here that spine may be a more important factor than straightness in trying to get your bow tuned.

got the 75'95's. got paper tuned in about 5 minutes. it was all spine. i couldn't go down in tip weight really. i was already close to 5 grains per pound as the bow was really about 72 pounds. i didn't want to be shooting 5 grains per pound for hunting. i guess i cut my arrows pretty short for most people, 27.5 inches for a 29 inch draw.

i just got some carbon tech 65-80's in the mail. they look real nice also and jeffb has done some impressive testing. if you do a search on carbon tech there is some good reading here in the technical forum.