HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wa. House considering Game Law Changes
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 07:14 PM
BrushChimp
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wa. House considering Game Law Change

$90,000?!?! Dang, NWTF did spend a lot.. Then season was opened right after releasing them so most could be killed and now there is barely any left. Not smart... Isn't at least some of the money we use to pay for tags supposed to go to Wash. Wildlife Management? Where does that money go anyways? Don't Biologists get paid to do something like maybe, oh I dunno, check on turkey populations? I'm pretty sure someone under someone job title is has them checking wildlife populations. Me, personally, am just a citizen. It's not my job. If I'm paid to report turkey populations on the west side, I gladly will but until then I'll just have to keep killing them on the other side of the state. You would think they'd get a pretty good idea of how they're doing when in 2004, 80 birds were killed on the westside compared to 5716 killed on the eastside. We started doing hunter reports these past few season for a reason, right? It's just common sense to me. The WDFW should step things up a knotch. I have seriously thought long a hard whether to major in Computer Science or Wild Management/Biology. If I ever decide to take the latter of the two, I won't be getting a job in this state. It's way to crooked for my blood.

PacNW: I agree. That states wants our money badly. All they have to do is ask landowners to allow them to plant turkeys on their land. I'm sure some around where I live will let them. Take my family for example. We own 1200 acres that I'm sure we will let the WDFW plant turkeys.