HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with people?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
knifemakerbill
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

i too fall into the catagory of "disabled", if you believe the doctors and some of my old friends. i go fishing by myself, and hunt when i want to or can, and don't worry about them anymore. when i was younger, i build stands for 2 men that were in wheelchairs to allow them to roll up on a slab and raise it with pullies and lock into the stand. we gave them radios to call us if they killed a deer, and cleaned their deer for them. we did everything we could to help them out. now, i seem to have the frends around that don't want to be bothered with helping anyone. just a sign of the times, i guess. so, i make do with the few people that will help--a new son-in-law really helps!!-- and do what i can. i do have a special relationship with the elderly couple that run our deer lease. if i am hunting, i have to stop and let them know i'm leaving and o.k., so they don't start worrying about me and call my cell phone till i answer. the older ones still ask about me and seem to worry about my goof-ball attitude about doing what i want till i kill over, but the younger ones don't want to be bothered by any of us old-timers. they just don't know what they are missing, and they are the ones being deprived of an awful lot of experience and knowledge that could be passed down. "keep the faith and don't back down from anything, and we'll make it somehow" is my motto now!!