HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sniper rifle for hunting?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 05:31 PM
fl0at

Default RE: sniper rifle for hunting?

oldgrunt, I'll take your advice to heart and tone down. I'm more inclined though to say that your rifle can be considered a "sniper rifle." I know you remember that Hathcock used a Model 70 in Vietnam, which is what I use when I get time to hunt. Mine doesn't hold a subMOA, though. But if your rifle had all the ruggedness of the M40, would you be more inclined to consider it a possible "sniper rifle?" More inclined than say.. a factory Rem 700 that doesn't hold a MOA or less?

But, with that said, I'm not getting into another discussion about this, so I'm not even going to touch rost495's post.. but I read it, and I still stand by what I said, at least until a definition of a "sniper rifle" is published, because, I think a rifle holding a MOA or less is probably one of the best classifications that can be made, or at least that is what I was always taught, not from school, but from other hogs. I think you know probably better than anyone oldgrunt, that getting more than one hog to agree on anything is a pretty tough thing to do.