HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My season is over and notta.. again..
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 09:49 PM
XArmy55
Fork Horn

Default RE: My season is over and notta.. again..

I hunt on a friends 40 acres... It's all wooded, but it's mostly wet... swamps, marshes, and creeks... Very little hard ground with woods... I see thier tracks and feathers... I see them while deer hunting... But they have no real reason to be there... I can't keep moving till I hear them... It's all private... And for the tag I drew, there is no public land... This is my 5th year hunting this particular piece of land... In those 11 years I have hunted other private lands, public lands, even hunted in Colorado for two of the years... Oh yea, I took a friend out (the 40 acre land owner) for his first time (and so far only time) and called for him on his property... And wouldn't you know it, he got a 2 fer... He shot two big toms with one shot... I go out for just me the next week (we drew diff seasons) and notta... Every year it's the same... notta, notta, notta.... It is fun, but it's getting old... I'm getting really tired of the dissapointment...