HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guys who have land that hunt hunt everyone else's
Old 04-30-2005, 06:38 PM
lou-lou2

Default Guys who have land that hunt hunt everyone else's

Anybody deal with these kind of people, folk who have umpteen hundred acres or more who don't hunt there land but everyone else's. I'm out scouting turkey's tonight at a spot that is way off the beaten path , you know miles from nowhere and I here a guy calling for turkeys with a slate call. I approach him ( by the way the land I'm on is my father-in-laws who dosen't allow hunting except for me and a guest) and it's this guys dressed in camo. He takes off his mask and it's a fellow who I've ran into before who thinks his S--T don't stink and owns 500+ acres of his own. I ask him what he's doing here and get the usual looking for turkeys. ( mind you he dosen't let anybody hunt his land at all) . I ask him to leave he says he got permission to be there, I know he's lying but won't admit it. Then he tells me that the owner wants everyone off the land except for him and said he's acting as the owners ( my father-in-law) agent, and tells me to get off the land because he's a police SGT and he'll have me arrested. So I leave without argument and call my fatherin law who in turn calls the police. The guy was gone when we went back up and he wasen't at his house either. People like this , who use there status as a police officer to do what they want should loose there badge. It's pretty sad when it comes to this. Don't get me wrong there are alot of cops that like myself that are top notch and don't abuse there power in any way. I don't mean to,sound cocky but it makes me mad. Thanks for lending an ear.