HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sniper rifle for hunting?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 08:16 AM
fl0at

Default RE: sniper rifle for hunting?

Float it is almost inconcievable to me that you could make a statement that is so ignorant of basic facts.
You are attempting to say that you are more knowledgable about the US Army than the US Army is about itself!
First of all kid, I'm not in the Army. I am a Marine. Hence the def of a MARINE Scout/Sniper. Hence the mentioning of 10th Marines, who are Arty. Hence the use of LAR, who are Marines.

Now, you tell me this, are you so ignorant of basic military branches that you consider the Army to be the Marines? To a Marine sniper, the Barrett is a SASR. A Special Applications, Scoped Rifle. It is not a sniper rifle. Sniper's are not the only ones that use it. It is not a precision rifle capable of making precision shots because it cannot hold a MOA or less.

The SR-25, is a sniper rifle. It holds a 3/4 MOA. The M40A3 is a sniper rifle, it holds a MOA. The Barrett .50 Cal SASR is not a sniper rifle. It is a SASR.

Oh.. and to answer your question of whether I think Army sniper's aren't snipers. Well, the Army quite frequently sends their boys to our school...

But hey, like I said, keep surfin' the net... the internet is proof of everything, right? Kind of like a library, instead of real world experience....

Why say you've been there and done that, when you can just look it up and quote it, right?