HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sniper rifle for hunting?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 05:26 PM
wyzeguy9

Default RE: My opinionated $.02

Wow!
I had no idea this issue would spark the debates it has. I think all the information and debating is great.

The term "tactical rifle" is subjective to people as found all through this thread.
sorry if i took anyones quote out of context...

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

depends..Just what makes a rifle a "sniper rifle" ? Have an all black shotgun, so does that make it a "tactical shotgun" or a "sniper shotgun" ? Too many darn cliquey tersm now-a-days.

ORIGINAL: rick_reno

Be careful using this term about our hunting rifles - the antigun crowd has come up with the term "intermediate sniper rifle" which seems to mean anything with a scope.

ORIGINAL: Ruddyduck

You guys really miss the point. Sniper Rifle is the next term to be used by those that want you firearms like Assault Rifle was.

When i started this thread i kinda figured a few people would like to discuss their firearms that are not generaly found out still hunting.
Aparently a few of us have become scared to express our freedom of speach and say " SNIPER RIFLE"

For crying out loud! What do you call the men and women in the armed forces who are trained to "snipe",(yes its a word -look it up) and what would you call their rifles? i personaly would refer to their firearms as a sniper rifle - this is just my two cents though.

this last quote makes me laugh though
good job double agent HighDesertWolf!

ORIGINAL:

The phrase "sniper rifle" is entirely misleading, its one of the scary words or phrases that liberals love to use. its also the same phrase that will be used over and over untill the gun grabbers get our bolt action hunting rifles, heres a link http://www.boomershoot.org/general/ScaryWords.htm you all should take a look at .

I think this wyzeguy9 is a troll. careful guys