HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 17 HMR Vrs 22 Magnum For Coyotes/Crows
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Sixgun_Redneck

Default RE: 17 HMR Vrs 22 Magnum For Coyotes/Crows

missed another maybe you should go out and try this hot little little caliber instead of bassing your opinions on opinions you've read because they are just that opinions. extensive feild testing will tell the difference.
Very well said. Book smarts makes up a small percentage of real knowledge. Experience is everything. Personally i don't think people should comment unless they have acutal first hand experience.

One guy in magazine said a 17hmr richocet offa groundhogs head so that got people thinkin that its not powerful. but what prob ahppened is it when in a didnt exit so you could even tell. This is utter crap, i've owned a .17HMR for two years now and after 1000+ rounds have never had a single richochete or have never had one not penetrate the target.

Just goes to show that you shouldn't trust the magazines so willingly. I believe that a .17HMR can easily take a yote, i don't use it because i have a .22-250 so i already got a yote gun. I might try sometime in the future.