Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 06-01-2009, 04:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: UPDATED TEAM SCORE

ORIGINAL: pinsapex7

glad to see the bird I shot the last day did help. We are still holding in there in 1st but never over till its over.

Yes, your jake was the bird that put us on top. In the main contest (best one bird per hunter) the team with the most hunters killing a turkey generally wins. Exceptions might be a team that had 2-3 hunters only taking a jake (they typically score only 25-30 points compared to 55+ for mature birds). Despite the fact that your turkey wasa "superjake", it was the only jake taken by our team and that fact kept the total score up.

BUT, make no mistake, your bird put us over the top. Without it we woule be in second right now.

We are the only team with 8 hunters scoring a bird. That is pretty impressive considering the fact that we had two no-shows (squirrelkilla and mobuckhunter79) and SwampCollie didn't get to go much this season.

If we end up winning we will remain a team in the 2010 contest. If we do I will lobby JW to replace Squirrel and mobuckhunter79. Not because they didn't kill a turkey, I could not care less about that. They didn't participate in the team thread at all - basically they signed-up and checked out. That isn't the purpose of this contest. SwampCollie wasn't able to go hunting much but at least he was a frequent patricipant, encouraging teammates and supporting the team.

Win or not, it's been a fun ride hasn't it?

MC

Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

My weekend was a bust, the wind actually carried one of my dekes away into a hedgerow! Didn't hear anything and I'm sure they didn't hear me, just too windy.

Adrian over in Team 22 thinks that they have taken the lead, but I think he doesn't realize that one of his hunters with a new bird has already posted. I've been wrong before but I think he's mistaken.

I'm done so I think that means we are done, now we wait...
Old 06-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, we got the stickers today. Pm your adresses to dad, if you already hadn't. Anyway it would be so cool if we won because this is the first year I've been on hunting.net and my first conteston here, duh[8D]It would aslo be cool becasue dad and I both contributed w/ 4 birds combined. And 2 were over 60 and typical. It was also pretty sweet for tschaef and huntress to both get a double beard.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

and what's wrong with beng 40???
NOT that i am but will be in a few months....but i'll be locked up in a huntin' cabin with a bottle of turkey and no one will have access to my happy butt....lol.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

and what's wrong with beng 40???
NOT that i am but will be in a few months...
Oh oh! I guess your OK with it but is sis gonna be mad that you just told everyone how old she is ?
The ladies can get kinda touchy about these things.

And nothing wrong with being 40, I was just defending myself saying that I'm in between the ages of the ladies, kinda thought HHU was disgusted because of the age range I mentioned.

Good to have you back, hope everything went well at the lease.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be cool if we won this thing! Had fun chatin with all you guys!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Typical Buck

Hog

Don't go away - stay around for the finally

The stickers are in and the look really nice. I'll mail them out to you guys tomorrow

JW posted in another thread that the winning team will definitely stay together with no changes. If we win this thing you guys need to help me reach out to Killasquirrel or Squirrelkilla or whatever his name is to try to get him and mobuckhunter79 committed for next spring since we can't replace them.

Stay tuned - just 3 more days.

MC
Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

MC, members will still have to check-in next year, if someone doesn't check in I'm pretty sure we would be given an alternate.
At least I hope so.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Got a spot on my Jeep for that sweet sticker.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok captin! I'll hang around!

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.