Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 05-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 21 "The Last Gobble"

OK, the calculator doesn't allow for two beards so I just added the lengths of both beards together, if that's the correct thing to do I think I may have just taken the lead for biggest bird in the contest because it scored just over 80.
I have pics of the weight and kept the spurs and beard so any whining doubters on a loser team can come over and see for themselves .

Old 05-04-2009, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

So now for the story, its actually pretty lame.
I slept in and made it to my buddies farm around 9. Started getting ready and realized I had grabbed a box of 000Buck instead of turkey load [:@]. Off to the hardware store, it was closed, when it opened at 10 I found that they had no turkey loads at all, the best I could do was a box of #4 SuperX. I wasn't too pleased, I knew that I would not be trying to reach out with the 12ga on this day.
There was a tom sounding off across the road from the farm so I tried a setup but he shut right up as soon as I was ready, I guess he found a hen or two.
After about an hour there I decided to move, I was walking a path leading to a hay field when I heard a gobble, CLOSE. I dropped my decoy and back pack, ran ahead 30' and just kneeled down and waited. Less than a minute later I see the red white and blue head bobbing thru the low scrub brush 12 yrds away. Safety goes off, I pop up and bang; an awesome trophy with one shot of a waterfowl load. I had no idea he had two big beards till he stopped flopping around and I turned him over.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

The turkey scored 80.6875. You simply add both beard lengths together. You can look on the biggest bird thread and find out if this is the best. Somebody else killed a triple beard I believe but I don't know the score.

Anyway, great bird that will really help the team score.

We have a chance in the contest if we can get a bird from some other teammates. Below is an update of their status based on recent posts or my attempts to contact those who haven't posted in awhile:

I PMed Mobuckhunter79 and didn't hear back from him. He hasn't posted on the forum since early March. I have no idea what's going on with him.

Squirrelkilla hasn't been hunting and told me his schedule will likely prohibit him from turkeyhunting

Pinsepex still has some time left in his season. I think he posted that he is putting up the bow in favor of the Shotgun

Bangflop also has some time left in his season.

Swamp lost his hunting lease as he has previously posted. He went hunting over the weekend with a friend. Maybe he connected, we'll see.

That's all I know for now.

MC

Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

tschaef

Congratulations - you have the highest scoring bird in the contest by 0.6875 of a point! Somebody else killed a multiple-bearded Rio that scored 80.0 points even.

Way to go.

This is my 29th turkey season and I still haven't killed a multiple-bearded turkey. [:@]

MC
Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I spoke too soon.

Somebody on team 8 killed a triple beard that scores over 100

MC
Old 05-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh well, I was the man for a little while.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Spike

tschaefcongrats on a fine bird.Me and dad just picked up a nice piece of property with a lot of birds.See them coming out every night.Should score by the weekend.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bang flop

tschaefcongrats on a fine bird.Me and dad just picked up a nice piece of property with a lot of birds.See them coming out every night.Should score by the weekend.
Bang Flop - never predict that you will kill a turkey - the sure kiss of death [:-]. I certainly hope you do though.

MaybeI am too superstitious?

Good luck

MC
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go get them BF, good luck!

Everyone, this has been a great year
We may not win it but we are in the race the whole way, not bad for a late entry team full of alternates

Congrats to all of us, much better than sitting around on the couch watching TV.
Good luck to all that still have an open season, and thanks to those that have already done their part.
Yeah Team 21
Old 05-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

Swamp lost his hunting lease as he has previously posted. He went hunting over the weekend with a friend. Maybe he connected, we'll see.
Didn't happen.

Went to his spot.... saw mill fired up at 630am.... never heard sh*t. Story of the year. Season has a week and a half left and I got to hunt once for 30 minutes. Sorry y'all... I've never had this happen to me before. I'm pretty seriously depressed about it too.

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.