Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers" >

Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Community

Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Old 04-28-2009, 03:27 PM

Default RE: Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Good Job!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to disappoint, but it looks like my season is a wash. I probably just had the worst vacation of my life. Spent three days in the Hoosier National Forest camping and hunting just to hear 1 bird on 53,000 acers gobble about 10 times on the roost. Then I sacraficed two days of hunting private ground to go to a baseball game that everyone that I was to go with cancell on the day before the game. Then I get back home and have the worst ear infection that I've ever had. I'm not sure I could hear one if it even gobbled.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that 2 Lunger. I hope your ear feels better. That's hunting for ya.[8D]
Old 05-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the turkeys are thoroughly schooling me. Wednesday morning i woke up to thunder so i turned the alarm off and went to sleep. i got up and went to see what i missed and the toms and hens were about to enter the field that i was going to hunt so i went home and got my camo on and headed back over there. when i got there a couple hens were making there way to where i was going but fortunately i had a couple small rises between me and them. so i get set up and about 2 minutes latter 8 hens and one jake walk over the hill and wall past me at 25 yards. i was thinking this is going to be perfect those toms and other hens will take the same path and give me a perfect shot. well they walked into the field but they went north instead of west like they were suppose to. i eventully had to leave because i had class in 30 minutes. tomarrow morning i am heading out and try to get them as they enter my field.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had my best morning yet.....until he hung up. Not sure what the problem was. Oh well, we'll (Rob and I) will get on em.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:20 PM

Keep after them guys my seaso not going very well but will keep after them.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy was we close this morning. We'd have killed him if we had another half hour, but we both had to get to work. They were late gobblin this morn due to the fog. Hopefully it clears tonight. Peace guys.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got to go with my cousin back in IL. on Tues. and Wed. Man did we hear and see some birds!!! But, late season in So. IL. always sucks. We worked a bird for 2 hours that I promise you gobbled over 300 times. We had him at 70 yards in a field, but as soon as I made a call he went to the other side of the field and gobbled and struted for over an hour and a half. On Wed. we had 5 birds roosted over an open field in various locations. As soon as they pitched down we never heard another sound. Amazing how much they change from day to day. Tuesday they would gobble at songbirds and on Wed. they wouldn't make a peep.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:14 PM

Sorry guys got skunked this year.This had to be my worst year hunting ever,congrats to all who harvested a bird this year.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from a week long goose hunting trip to Saskatchewan and man did i ever need a break. I had a blast up there, I have never seen so many geese in my entire life. But we had to get up at 3 in the morning to be ready by 5 AM shooting time.
I will get back to turkey hunting this week, i have one tom spotted i am not sure how big he is but he will taste better than the paper tag that i might have to eat instead. Good luck to anyone still hunting them.

Quick Reply: Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.