Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers" >

Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Community

Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Old 03-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

I took a little detour on the way to town this morning to try and see some birds an i was not disappointed. One field that is right next to a winter roosting sight had about 30 turkeys in it and that included 5-6 long beards, there was also several jakes and the rest were hens. The best part is that i could probably get away with hunting with a bow and not have to build a blind. they are coming through a tree row that has one opening in it and the rest is pretty thick. My Parker is ready to sling a few arrows, come on April 1.
Must be nice!! Haha. I have to wait til' April 20th! Good luck though.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is starting to look like my turkey season is going to be delayed a few days this year. nearly 1/3rd of our state is in a blizzard warning and i am in a winter storm watch. the national weather service is calling for 8-15" for my area. that kind of weather doesn't get a person in the mood for turkey hunting.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

How long does your season last??
Old 03-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

End of May. I have plenty of time.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really puts a damper on the mood.[:@]
Old 03-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well it has started. We have a nice coat of ice on everything and the snow is starting to fall. the western part of my county could recieve 20" of snow. my area is sitting around 8-12 and the winds are gusting to 40MPH this could be my first ever blizzard i am kind of excited.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man thats crazy! Stay safe at least. Hopefully that crap gets melted somehow or something. But hey, snow or not, you know the turkeys are still there.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have inside of a month till our season starts! Once it closer I will let you all know what dates I will be out there and how the action is going. On a side note I live in a crowded community and I have about a 3 acre plot of woods behind my house and I saw six birds back there for the first time. There is no way I could pull off a hunt back there but it got me pumped up!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our turkeys around are area were really fired up then we had a snow storm that lasted over 24 hours and dumped 18" of snow, i havent been out to look for turkeys but i am guessing they have shut down. Our bow season opens Wednesday so hopefully i can get out sometime this week.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ksfowler - You jinxed me!! haha. We just got snow today, (unexpected!). Man that a bad feeling knowing that everything is just about dried up and now were back to where we started, a wet, muddy mess.

Quick Reply: Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.