Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers" >

Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Old 03-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

If i do decide to go for them with a bow will my 100 gr. fixed blade broadheads do the trick or should i try something different?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh ya that would definetly do the trick. I dont believe you need anything fancy.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:11 AM

Is everybody getting ready for season?It is warming up here.If everything works out my son and I are going to try to camp and hunt at Hoosier National Forest.We have never done this before so I hope it works out.Has any one ever hunted there and any idea what section to hunt?Ihope all the other teams are ready to loose our team is going to kick butt.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah im pumped! Its kinda warming up here in mid-Michigan, hoping for it to dry up actually. Im waiting for my order of Nitro shells to come in then i have to go sight in my new Mueller red dot scope and then pattern with the new loads. So i got a little bit to do then ill be ready!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:29 AM

I shoot a Stoeger 2000 with a 3" Winchester Supreme.Let me know how Nitro's do.I have thought about trying them.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks kdsberman i didnt think i would need anything special just thought i would ask.Things are starting to heat up here temerature wise and turkey wise, on my way to class this morning i found some turkeys on the other side of a tree row where i can hunt. i also saw a group of hens that have broken off of the big winter flocks. The first of april cannot git here fast enough.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The birds have been going nuts every morning this last week. They absolutely tore it up this morning! Nice to be able to listen to birds from your back deck. To bad I can't hunt them. The country club might frown on that.[:@]

Come on April 23rd!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took a little detour on the way to town this morning to try and see some birds an i was not disappointed. One field that is right next to a winter roosting sight had about 30 turkeys in it and that included 5-6 long beards, there was also several jakes and the rest were hens. The best part is that i could probably get away with hunting with a bow and not have to build a blind. they are coming through a tree row that has one opening in it and the rest is pretty thick. My Parker is ready to sling a few arrows, come on April 1.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:25 PM

How does on get the Avatar?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right click on the image and click save image as and then go on to your profile and go to upload image for avatar and find the file that contains it.

Quick Reply: Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.