Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team # 20 Team Cut n Strut Check In Thread >

Team # 20 Team Cut n Strut Check In Thread

Community

Team # 20 Team Cut n Strut Check In Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Default RE: Team # 20 Check In Thread

This sat. morning I took the 2 1/2 hr. trip to my turkey grounds to see if I could get some gobblers going, an boy was I in for a surprize. I was sitting in my spot an about 6:45 I started calling and the woods came alive! I heard 12 different gobblers and within 10 min. I had 2 long beards 15 yards in front of me in full strut, I watched the one gobble 6 times in a row. Now I have to sit here and wait untill april 25th till our season opens and that su-ks after seeing and hearing that. But nowI have high hopesfor the first week. CUT-N-STRUT will dominate!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

cool, I've seen a few toms around too. April 25th, is a month from tomorrow. That's not too long. Good luck
Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone else not seeing the birds as in other years? I cannot believe how few of the birds I am seeing this year so far. Maybe this winter raised hell with em. Maybe they are still in the woods.[&o]
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Went scoutin this mornin. TONS of sign all over the place! Heard9 toms, one jake gobble, couple dozen hens, andwatched one strutter. I still got 5 other spots to check out but so far, its lookin pretty good where I was at this morninWhat a way to ring in my birthday with a mornin like that!!! lol I love it
Old 04-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mr.mc54

Anyone else not seeing the birds as in other years? I cannot believe how few of the birds I am seeing this year so far. Maybe this winter raised hell with em. Maybe they are still in the woods.[&o]
I haven't noticed that. I've been seeing quite a few out in the fields. I went out scouting this morning, and heard gobbles all around me. I couldn't tell if how many exactly, but I would guess around 8 toms that I heard. I watched a few hens come out into a field, and then a tom came following them out. I had a red fox come out too, and it tried chasing the turkeys around. It was kind of funny cause the fox seemed smaller than the turkeys. Heard tons of gobbling, and I can't wait to get out with a gun.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

season starts this saturday!!!!! cant wait!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

Lucky you. Good luck
Old 04-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

com-mon team! Where else is the season going on? Any birds taken yet?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Youth hunt was this weekend in Wisconsin. My cousin shot a nice tom on Saturday. 24 pounds with a ten inch beard. It was a great weekend for the youth hunt. My season isn't until May 13th, mr.mc54. Good luck everyone.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

I was out scouting again today. They were gobbling their brains out. One tom would gobble about four or five times in a row. When I scout, I just sit in a fenceline and watch some fields without calling. I had 3 toms within 25 yards of me, and another about 40 yards out. I saw lots of strutting, and heard them doing a lot of spitting and drumming. It was a great morning to be out.

Quick Reply: Team # 20 Team Cut n Strut Check In Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.